WELCOME TO SUAI (Saint Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation)!
Saint Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation (SUAI) is one of the most prestigious Technical Universities in Russia. It was founded in 1941. It’s a multidisciplinary academic institution, providing a wide range of study programs and academic research in the fields of science, engineering, economics, management, humanities and law. The University has become renowned for training highly qualified personnel and for scientific and technological innovation and development.
The SUAI enjoys a conspicuous academic advantage in the fields of Humanities. In order to meet students’ diversified needs, Faculty of Humanities has made conscientious efforts to optimize disciplines taught, update courses, create new fields of study and develop a rational and substantial curriculum.
Faculty of Humanities
The motto of the Faculty of Humanities - “Pulchre, bene, recte” (from Latin - “excellent, well, correct”) reflects those challenges we will face in the future.
“We aim to achieve excellence by combining the best classical traditions in University education with current state-of-the-art benefits of technology in higher education”
Head of the Faculty
Vice-Rector of International Cooperation
PhD, Konstantin Losev
The Faculty of Humanities is located in the Chesmenskiy (or Chesme) Palace, which was built in the reign of Russian Empress, Catherine the Great, as a waypost for Imperial court on the road to Tsarskoye Selo. The Palace was designed by the court architect Yuri Felten and as well as the neighboring Felton’s masterpiece Chesme Church shows the influence of the early gothic revival in England.
The Palace was completed in 1777 and named after major naval victory at Chesme Bay (1770) during the Russo-Turkish War. The Round Hall in the central turret was used by Catherine the Great to present the Order of St. George, the highest military honour of Russia, to commanders including Field-Marshals M.Kutuzov and A.Suvorov.
The Palace retained its role until 1830s, when it was turned into an almshouse for veterans wounded in the Napoleonic Wars. Since the Second World War, the Chesmenskiy Palace has been home to part of the State University of Aerospace Instrumentation (formerly the Leningrad Aviation Institute).
The famous Chesme, or Green-frog Dinner-Service 2000 pieces set displayed now in the Hermitage Museum was commissioned especially for Chesme palace by Catherine the Great from Wedgwood potteries in Staffordshire, England.
Structure of the Faculty
1. The Department of History and Philosophy;
2. The Department of Advertising and Modern Communications;
3. The Department of Foreign Languages;
4. The Department of Physical Culture and Sports
5. The Oriental Department
Bachelor Degree Programs:
1. Hotel Business (program “Organization of Hotel Services”)
2. Cultural Studies (program “Entrepreneurship in Culture”)
3. Linguistics (program “Translation Studies”)
4. Linguistics (program “Theoretical and Applied Linguistics”)
5. Political Science (general program)
6. Advertising and Public Relations (program “Advertising and Public Relations in the Socio-Political Sphere”)
7. Service (program “Service in the Tourism Industry”)
8. Tourism (program “Technologies and Organization of Tour Operator's and Travel agency’s Services”).
Bachelor Degree Programs (distance learning):
1. Advertising and Public Relations (program “Advertising and Public Relations in the Socio-Political Sphere”).
Master Degree Programs:
1. Linguistics (program “Translation Studies”)
2. Linguistics (program “Theoretical and Applied Linguistics”)
1. Psychological Science (program “Social Psychology”)
2. Education and Pedagogical Sciences (program “General Pedagogy, History of Pedagogy and Education”)
3. Education and Pedagogical Sciences (program “Theory and Methodology of Physical Education, Sport Training, Improving and Adaptive Physical Culture”)
4. Philosophy, Ethics and Religious Studies (program “Philosophy of Science and Technology”)
65% of teaching staff are professors, associate professors, researchers and supervisors for Master’s Degree students.
Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Master’s Degree Programs
Further Education Programs
190000, Saint Petersburg, Russia
Bolshaya Morskaya street, 67, Room 53-06
Tel. +7(812) 494-70-61
Gastello street, 15, Room 14-07
Tel./Fax +7(812) 708-43-45
Last Update -